Cheers for our U13 Girls in East Minis
This weekend – Saturday/Sunday 25/26 April – (and for the second successive year) the club is hosting the Yazoo East Regional Mini Hockey Championships featuring the seven U11 and U13 Boys’ and U11 and U13 Girls’ county champions with the winners of each event going on to represent the East in the national championships in Nottingham on Sunday 17 May.
The U13 Girls’ event on Saturday includes the Magpies’ team which has enjoyed a very successful season (including winning the Alex Hill Memorial Tournament at Dereham last Sunday) so please come along to cheer on our team. Win or lose I hope our girls enjoy the event. Their first match is against the Kent champions at 12 noon.
I thank everyone who attended last Saturday’s very enjoyable and successful End of Season Bash and everyone involved in the organisation – including Philippa Taylor, Mary Wright, Jose Tibbenham, Chris Reeve, Tracy Reeve and Laura Betts (marquees, lighting, patio heaters, food etc.), Andrew and Lyn of All Seasons Hog Roast, ginger tom & the GO cats (music) and Robert Stimpson, Carl Sitch and Danielle (bar). I also take this opportunity to thank Harleston Lions for the free loan of their marquee – they have their uses!!
Last week I thanked Harry Flatt and his team for all their hard work on the club’s grounds and this week my thanks are due to:
· Tony and Sue Williams (for their help with Danish Oiling (new verb?!) of the clubhouse balcony)
· David and Philip Cobbald (preparation of grass pitches for May Tournament, etc.)
· George Hunter (cutting of banks)
· Andrew Longe (tidying of bonfire site)
Comments in brief:
· Congratulations to Ben Gowing and Ben Wright for their inclusions under Framlingham College in the 2009 edition of Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack.
· It is also congratulations to our U9 team which followed up their recent win at Watton with victory last Sunday in the Dereham event.
· A reminder that the AGM will be held in the clubhouse at 8.00pm on Thursday 18 June.
· Please let Jose Tibbenham (01379 854160) know as soon as possible if you intend to reserve a table at the Summer Ball to be held on Saturday 4 July.
· If you are available to umpire or to help in the kitchen at the May Tournament (Saturday 2
and/or Monday 4) and have not already volunteered would you please contact Kirstin Cumming
With kind regards to all HMHC members and supporters.
Mike Denham Tel: 01603 506925 E-mail: MDenham975@aol.com 21/4/09