Magpies went out this week desperately wanting 3 points after narrowly losing the last two games 2-1. Unfortunately we only secured one point from Colchester with a score of 1 all at the final whistle.

We looked strong going forwards especially from the right with the work of Alice Woollatt, Lucy Field and Charley Seaman who used their speed and skills to work their way round the opposition. We had lots of opportunities for goals from several short corners with speedy injections from Lucy to Laura Tibbs who narrowly missed the post. We eventually managed to score first from some sister magic where Katie Woollatt ran the ball down the base line and with a quick cross across the goal her sister was waiting on the right post to tap it in. We were finally 1 goal up. However after the goal we received a lot of pressure in or own half with great defending from Kath, Katie, Shev and Charley we managed to keep it to 1 goal up, even after a lot of pressure from a couple of defending short corners with the man of the match Charley saving a goal right on the line. When the half time whistle blew it was 1-0.

After an inspirational team talk from Sam Tea at half time we went out looking to score some more goals. There was some great work from Rose Winter and Martha Lawrence with lots of quick passes between the two working their way up the pitch from the left, however with no success on goal. After a few well played attacks from the opposition they were pushing further up the pitch looking dangerous for Magpies. Colchester unfortunately managed to secure a goal against Hollie who had been making some great saves throughout the match making the score 1 all. We looked strong going forward with Anna Tighe using her speed on the right and Plum on her comeback from injury was making some great opportunities through the middle alongside Jess which won us some more short corners, however sadly we could not convert these to goals.Towards the end both teams became frustrated leading to three cards for Magpies and two cards in total for Colchester. Neither teams were able to score any more gaols in the final minutes, meaning the final score was one all.

Next week Magpies will be hoping to win away at St. Ives and hopefully gain three more points.